Tuesday, December 27, 2016

rainbow quilt top

There are a few more days left this year, so naturally I'm doing a final push to see how many quilts I can finish before the calendar changes to 2017! This is a simple scrap quilt made of 5" squares. I loved playing with the layout of this one. The mix of brights and low volume fabrics makes it a very cheerful quilt! It probably comes as no surprise that the aqua almost took over. (hahaha!) I'm hoping to finish this one (and maybe one or two more quilts) before Sunday. We'll see! There will be plenty of quilting breaks to play board games with my family. I kind of love this week between Christmas and the New Year. I hope you are having a warm, cozy and restful week, too!

15 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Love your color layout. It's totally okay with me that those aquas took over. Love the large zigzag fabrics in it too. I know you'll get a few more finished. You're driven. Enjoy this last week of the year. Looking forward to following your projects of 2017. Happy new year!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is going to be such a cheerful quilt. Good luck getting it (and MORE) done before the stroke of midnight on the 31st!!!

Southern Gal said...

I love the colors. Aqua is one of my favorites.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very nice!! And good luck - quilt away!

FlashinScissors said...

Gosh! So many lovely fabrics. Really stunning!!
Looking forward to seeing more projects in 2017.
Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Hugs, Barbara xx

Pamela Arbour said...

Nice balance of colors. This looks like a happy, peaceful, fun quilt to me. I really like it.

Pam
pearbour@gmail.com

Suzanne said...

I'd be curious to hear if you had these charms cut or if you went diving in your stash. The layout is awesome. It's proof that we know what your favorite color is. Don't worry. We won't tell the others.

Paige said...

I really like how you ended with grays at the bottom!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

What a great way to highlight these beautiful colors. It is so spring looking to me.

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful layout! Love this quilt top!!

pennylanequilts said...

Your charm quilt is a stunner! Love the color play.

Janice Holton said...

It never ceases to amaze me how even the simplest patterns look so good! Great finish!

Snowcatcher said...

I lover everything about this one. Such a bright, fun, cheery quilt!

Anonymous said...

simply gorgeous

Unknown said...

This is lovely , the way you have set out the squares is lovely, I didn't notice the aqua , there is so many to look at.